- Place heavy pots and pans gently on smoothtop models to avoid breakage.
- Never cover drip pans and bowls with aluminum foil, which can short circuit the burner.
- Keep reflector bowls (beneath the burners) shiny and clean, which affects how efficiently they reflect heat up to the pan or pot. Replace them when they can no longer be cleaned.
- Periodically clean burner ports with a needle.
- Don’t poke the igniter or spray it with oven cleaner.
- Check that the oven racks are level
- Inspect burners for cracks
- Use a soft cloth or sponge when cleaning
- Every 1 – 2 years have a reputable appliance company clean and inspect your range and other kitchen appliances
For more information, or if you need to schedule a repair service for your electric or gas range feel free to call us at 847-305-2765. We have proudly been providing quality electric and gas range repair and maintenance to residents of the Northwest Suburbs for over 30 years.